Bad Teacher, The Banker, The E.R. Tech
WE THREE
Three of us. The three of us still get together on an
occasion, go to dinner and drink. Tell
our secrets. All the stuff we all know about the other. The sides of each of us, which make our
distinct characters; the naughty sides, the good sides, the who gives a fuck
side. There is no need to hide anything about why we did this or that; the why
one of us is married to an inmate etc. There is absolutely no cutting any of us
any slack.
I met ‘bad
teacher’ (Lou Lou--nicknamed by me, came from Lou to Lou -Lou.) the second time
I bartended at our home bar. Me, being
the confident barmaid that I am, took over the front well. Arranged my bottles
of alcohol in the order of which I am familiar.
I walk off. I come back to me
well to mix; my bottles are not in my arrangement... I turned, looked at Lou. I
told her I best not find them changed again. She just smirched. This short,
sweet, little mommy-church girl persona. Snickered at me! And in a bitchy way. Ok, I have
underestimated the chick tending bar in a dress. This was my first night, I decided to just
see what happens. Aside from never flipping not one beer cap into ANY trash
can. No matter if it was right beside her, each one went onto the floor. I told
her I hope she knew she would be sweeping those since her aim sucks. So, she popped four in a row onto the floor
right beside my feet. She and I have
worked together behind the bar for years now. she is the ONLY one I want behind
the bar with me. everyone Else is a waste of space and need to just stay out of
my way.
Ho-Ho kissed me
one night while we were partying at the bar, we 3 worked at. We were pretty lit. The bar was crowded. She and I were, naturally, surrounded by
men. Most of them our customers but also
friends. Music was loud. Two laughing girls. You can ask either of us. neither can tell
you why SHE suddenly started kissing me.
Ho- Ho swears it was me who initiated it. Not just a peck either. Full tongue on tongue
sexy sweet lasting. As we parted, I hear
through my buzzed foggy brain, " you kiss like your cousin." Ho- Ho dated my cousin once.
Ahh, Ho- HO. She was
given that name by me, and it's a special one with a ton of love behind
it. My best friend of 45 years and I
call each other that. The rule has
always been no one else is called that by us.
No one else calls us that but us.
I share it with Ho-Ho because she means as much to me. The wild little 'never going to be a mommy',
beautiful girl. Yea she sucks as a
waitress and I end up doing it for her. While she looks cute and plays pool
with Willie. Yea I'd scream across the
bar at her, " Ho -HO we are working here." well, I was anyway. She is now a mommy of two still
beautiful. Came a long way.
My favorite story
of Ho- Ho: Boss tells us, as in Lou -Lou
and I, we have a new bartender starting with us that night. She just got out of bartending school. Which made me roll my eyes. Really? All the bartenders I've ever worked
with laughed at 'SCHOOL". Her first
night a customer asks for limes. Ho-Ho
brings her lemons. The customer remarks
that she wanted limes. Ho-Ho tells her
they are limes they just aren't ripe yet.
Loved her ever since.
We 3 grew up
together in that bar. Even me at 40.
Laura and I began the tradition of staying nights with one another.
Whichever house we landed at. I Ied her
astray when she decided she wanted to hang with me after work one night. "Are you sure Lou?" Ho-Ho and I took bubble baths with bubbles
flowing out the windows. As for me. I DATED JESUS. I am the one with the inmate husband. Thats my part in our story. Someone else will have to tell it.
Here is to all of the Jaeger and Crown (chilled) charged off to a spill
sheet. Thank you, Laura, for always
making our money right.
GOODBYE
# BaD TeaCHeR, The BanKeR, The E.R tEch
written by Dianne Bowman
Comments
Post a Comment